Monday, January 13, 2014

Fathers of My Father

My dad is still living, so we won't list him here.  Suffice it to say J. Healy.  He's been a great help with some aspects.  He doesn't remember a ton.  So we sit, and once I get a vodka or two in him (bad joe), out comes a story here or there.  So here's what I think are the names in my father's tree.


J. HEALY
- Joseph Anthony HEALY( b Bronx 1916, d Bethpage, NY 2002 )
---- Denis HEALY ( b Kilgarvan, Kerry, Ireland 1884, d Bronx, NY 1952 )
-------- ( SEE HEALY TREE BELOW, ITS A BIGGIE )
---- Nellie Agnes CASEY ( b NY or Ireland 1886, d Bethpage, NY 1973 )
-------- Michael CASEY ( b abt 1860 Ireland, d before 1910 NYC )
---------------- ? Denis CASEY Ireland
-------- Ellen O'DONOHUE ( b 1863 Kerry Ireland, d after 1940 )
---------------- John O'DONOGHOE - assumedly Kerry Ireland
---------------- Mary O'ODONOGHOE - assumedly Kerry Ireland
- Mary SCHMIDT ( b Ohio 1924, d NY 2002 )
---- Albert Herman SCHMIDT  ( b Brooklyn 1894, d Bronx 1954 )
-------- Albert Frederick SCHMIDT ( ?? Lehe, Bremerhaven, Bremen, Germany - dates unknown )
-------- Martha TOLLNER / TURNER ( ?? ?? Lehe, Bremerhaven, Bremen, Germany - dates unknown  )
---- Theresa Mary J DELANY ( b 1898 Dublin Ireland, d 1978 Bethpage NY )
-------- Andrew DELANY ( b 1864 ?Dublin Ireland, d 1904 Dublin Ireland )
-------- Katherine (Kate) Bryan / O'Brien ( b 1878 Ireland, d 1948 Brooklyn NY )
---------------- Michael O'BRIEN ( Ireland )
---------------- Ellen KELLY / KIELY ( Ireland )

---- Denis HEALY ( b Kilgarvan, Kerry, Ireland 1884, d Bronx, NY 1952 )
-------- Daniel "DanDan" HEALY ( b 1848 Kilgarvan Kerry Ireland, d 1935 )
---------------- Timothy "Tadghna Rae" HEALY ( b 1815 Kilgarvan kerry Ireland d Cork Ireland )
---------------- Julia DOYLE ( b 1818 Kilgarvan Kerry Ireland )
-------------------------------- Thomas DOYLE
-------------------------------- Honora COOPER SULLIVAN
-------- Mary McCann SULLIVAN ( b 1872 Kilgarvan Kerry Irealnd, d ??? )
---------------- Daniel SULLIVAN ( b 1824 Kenmare Kerry Ireland d ??? )
-------------------------------- Murtagh SULLIVAN
-------------------------------- Mary MOORE
---------------- Mary SULLIVAN ( b 1825 Kenmare Kerry Ireland d ??? )
-------------------------------- Daniel SULLIVAN

Looks like I'm heading to County Kerry on my next trip to Ireland.  Maybe some of ya'll are looking for some of these names?  If so reach out...  From the Irish/German side how about a pint of Guiness with some saurbraten to satisfy my german side.  Next up my mother's tree.  Pure Lithuanian!

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Canada. I am your cousin Michael Doyle. Julie Doyle was born at Derrincullig in 1818. My great grandfather John Doyle was also born there in 1830 and married Johanna Healy. I am still trying to find out if Julia and john were brother and sister or first cousins. I still have first cousins on the farm and Healy cousins in the Bronx. Please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, I'm josephehealy at hotmail dot come. Email me htere.

      Delete